Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The sub Post office - Nugegoda

Post offices are interesting places. And I guess it is a learning place as well.  The places, where the officers dealing with not letters alphabetical but the letters enclosed various subjects to handle or deal, addressed to various and numerous places.
Official letters, love letters, letters enclosed ‘job applications’, petitions, ( perhaps) appeals, requests, letters to parents, letters to TV ‘s , Papers etc.

Oh! How to forget Radio request shows , they receive letters in multi millions , billions, from enchanting individuals like Mr. kurulugangoda who has a featherly soft heart  or from very popular individuals like ‘Saman’ , writing very nicely their ( the deserved ) names  in nice hand writing ………..

I dedicate this song ( what song) to kalu duwa, sudu nangi, Ran ethana, Redi nenda, himbutana achchi, kiri Mutta, kiri keti putha, nabara putha, bunty, chuty, loku, dadibidis …………

The counters are, normally busy with people, lined, waiting, and expecting some kind of a service.  Some wants to purchase ‘stamps’. The stamps are actually not always using for postal reasons that is to post letters. There are other various uses of stamps. In some documents may be legal or otherwise, the stamps are using to ‘assure or to certify the information in the documents written and produce by any individual or groups, that is by signing on a stamp. The value of stamps that the particular needy parties are using depends on the need, objective, or the purposes of the relevant.  If you take a deed of a land, I guess you need some stamps depending on the value of the land to assure or certify the ‘ownership’ of the land and to make sure the relevant transferring are done according to the law of land reclamation or excavations (I am not sure) everything is related to dealings with regard to selling or otherwise.

The money grams are very popular since our childhood, if my memory is still accurate. That is especially before the ‘bankers are stunned with very and many easy money transferring methodologies.  I believe now there are no more payments such as the government remittances for elders and the pensions for retired (?) done by the post officers at any sub or main post offices.  

I think, close to every village, even in a remote areas there is a sub post office , the banks are situated in towns , the practicality of the decision become fruitful only when the elders receive their what so ever destined or deserved payments ‘easily’ or with no hazards facing.

An air mail facilities I do not know who uses these days, especially when e (electronic) mails are playing the main role in people’s lives.  So this electronic mail facilities, often does the job of the match makers as well.  So, I do not know for what reasons people use the facility, air or meya mailing?

There are plenty of places which provide, their customers, various services, privately; one of them is called ‘The courier service’, other than the public post officers at offices – post office providing the same services.  Couriers are faster like jets I suppose that is why they always not boasting but assuring about their service saying that they provide an ‘express service’ no matter how late you give them ‘the object or thing, letter to be sent’ to any address.

I never forget the, postal identify card I had that is before I lawfully entitle to obtain ‘the national identity card from the ‘Department of people’s identification’ : - )
I still remember that the kind HNB – Kandy allowed me to withdraw the money sent to me by my father long ago, ‘inserting the draft in an air mail envelop’ with a heart full of advices, just by submitting the postal identify card that I was using. For that my father had to send a request letter (He was very prominent in writing letters to officials) to ‘The manager, The Hatton National Bank, Dalada Veediya, Kandy. He got the approval therefore I faced no constraints withdrawing my money.  I had good friends there. One is a protestant and the other one is a person who was selected and qualified to follow a degree in engineering but have decided to stay in the field of Bankers.

I say hello to them, I am not sure they still remember me : - )

These days I mostly get the service from the Nugegoda sub post office (city branch) and I like the officer, who sold stamps to me on the other day (30th September, 2014)
He was muttering a song by the time I was stepping in to their office to purchase some stamps to send an essay to weekly genuine ‘Silumina’ (paper)

aney thama awe nehane awe nehane mal dunnen wadina ilandariya  

Thank you for entertaining the evening, officer …………….







      

No comments:

Post a Comment